• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus Tough 3 (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
Whilst I'm more of a birder than a photographer, I am moving slowly,closer to the dark side and becoming a bit of a photographer.

Like many on bird walks, I enjoy all aspects of nature and am also in to 'mothing' so have been looking for a decent macro that won't break the bank.

Christmas this year and my fiance bought me the Olympus Tough 3 and frankly I'm delighted with it. The limitations are obvious in that the subject has to be very close or often captive but for the price, what do you think of the shots of Four-spotted Chaser, is there a better option for the price...?

Andy

Attachments

• P5290187.JPG
    P5290187.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 157
  • P5290185.JPG
    P5290185.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 136
Bought this back in August 2014. We are very outdoors people and need a rugged and waterproof point and shoot. Lots of snorkeling. Lots of mountain hiking. So with the waterproof capability, GPS, compass and altimeter I thought this was the perfect answer to all my needs. Picture detail is very good. You must use the Vivid setting to get the best color and set the resolution to 16M to get the best picture quality. Video is OK as it records HD

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back