• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (2 Viewers)

JeffMoh said:
It was a Le Conte's Sparrow, a very beautiful bird as sparrows go. Jeff

As sparrows go!!!!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me ;) Le Contes is one of the most beautiful birds - full stop, in my opinion. A great find by the way as well. I love sparrows - just hard enough to ID to be vaguely challenging - not so hard as to be virtually impossible (Empids etc).

As for my most recent lifer - White-winged Crossbill - it took me 4 trips to a local park to see the bird sufficiently well enough to be able to enjoy the bird properly, but it was well worth it - one of those near mythical northern birds.

Luke

Sociable Plover at Rainham Marshes. Am gutted that I had gone home to my parents for Christmas by the time the Penduline Tits appeared, however.

3 "lifers" in 1 day: 20+ Bean and 2 Greater White-fronted Geese at the Fanel, and 1 Common Crane at dusk in Yverdon; I went back the next day and got much better views of the crane.

Hi All
My last lifer was a Northern Hawk Owl. I saw this amazing bird in Denmark on the 26th of December, surrounded by snow. A pair of Hawk Owls apparently arrived together (this is a very unusual species for Denmark!), but sadly one of them got hit by a car and died. Hopefully the other one will survive the winter.

My last lifer was an Emperor Goose here in Oregon. It's quite a rare visitor in Pacific Northwest (most sightings are in Alaska, very few in Oregon), and I found it near Hammond boat basin (near Columbia River mouth). The weather was miserable (stormy, heavy rain and winds, etc), and my camera was soaked as soon as I dragged it out of my pocket to snap some pictures. The goose was quite tame, as it didn't seem to be intimidated by oncoming cars. Quite a beautiful bird, with that two-toned neck plumage (1/2 grayish-blue, 1/2 white).

I thought I discovered the arrival of this one first, but someone already reported it, a few minutes before I did.

Date: Dec. 23, 2005.

Tim

Paddyfield Warbler

Paddyfield Warbler in Lothian a couple of months ago..... been after it for years. First dipped it on the Naze UK about 20 years ago ! Have spent some time looking for it unsuccessfully on 3 trips to India and finally....yippeee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back