• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holding the Swarovski 8.5x42 EL Swarovision (1 Viewer)

Alex

You most certainly don't have to hold an EL like this but here is how Carina Schiestl-Swarovski (Chairwoman of the Swaro Exec Board) holds it.

Lee

That is a 42mm SV, you can tell by the armor, and that is indeed how
you hold it. Not sure about who is pictured, and that does not matter
much.

I like the photo, thanks for posting.

Jerry

you hold it...

No, it is the pre-SV version of the EL (note shape, armor design, and Swarovski label on right barrel).

I hold the old EL exactly the same way as the SV.

To others: It is definitely the x42 size, not x32. Assuming that the eyecups are fully extended (the old EL had no intermediate stops), I'd say it is the 10x42 EL (The eyecups on the 8.5x twist out farther).

--AP

Last edited:
What is wrong with you guy's?
There is a pretty lady on the picture and you are discussing her bin.
What kind of Forum did I get myself involved with?:smoke:

Jan

you hold it. Not sure about who is pictured, and that does not matter
much.

I like the photo, thanks for posting.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry you are welcome, and if you put your glasses on you can read that I actually tell you who is modelling the bins. ;)

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back