• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC 8x42 v EL8x32 comaprison - anyone tried both (1 Viewer)

I final update on this from me - I have now tried the SLC 8x42s and directly compared with my EL 8x32s and, for my eyes, I found the ELs preferable. The irritation I have with the Field Pro strap has largely been solved by fitting a new version FSSP floating strap designed to fit the ELs (the orangeness of it does not bother me as I am often to be found "messing about in boats) kindly supplied by www.thebirders-store.co.uk who were very patient and helpful with letting me compare the both and supplying the strap etc.and I highly recommend them for their good service.

Hi guys, can I ask how much better is the SLC at dusk/night vs the EL?
Does the 42mm really makes a huge difference that worth the extra weight?

Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back