• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Famous or celebrity birders. (1 Viewer)

Hooper could be a member of the UK600 club but the fact that he played for Bristol City should forever destine him to be poked by small children with sharp sticks.

Oddly enough the Bristol Evening Posts Bristol City reporter Andy Stockhausen is a birder and a very nice man too, I met him on one of the first Scillionian trips....there's no Bristol Rovers birders (they're all too busy perfecting their trademark silky skills of course).

It's even worse than that mate - he played for Ne*castle Un*ted as well:eek!:

Me too. Met him out birding at Wharton Crag 2 or 3 years ago - Peregrines and Little Owls.

Possibly the same time I saw him as well.I was in Woodwell near Silverdale watching Hawfinch when he got out of his Land Rover and asked if I was looking for Hawfinch. He travelled specifically to see them and was very happy when I pointed out where they were. Decent bloke too.

Nicky Campbell on radio 5 Live yesterday morning - he's not a birder, but has two very good friends who are 'twitchers'. Tenuous link I know... ;)

I met actor and director Sam West a couple of months back. He had travelled up from London to see the lesser grey shrike in Norfolk and seemed quite a nice bloke. I didn't know who he was but my Mum recognised him as she's a big fan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_West
If you're on here Sam, nice to have you on board! nice bird wasn't it?B :)

I met actor and director Sam West a couple of months back. He had travelled up from London to see the lesser grey shrike in Norfolk and seemed quite a nice bloke. I didn't know who he was but my Mum recognised him as she's a big fan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_West
If you're on here Sam, nice to have you on board! nice bird wasn't it?B :)

I wonder if his dad's a birder. He was in one of the greatest TV series... Brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back