• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is the best mobile phone for birding? (1 Viewer)

My mobile phone contract is up for renewal and I want to upgrade to an iphone4 and want to put on a number of apps for trees, butterflies, fungi etc as well the birds of Europe download, maybe a birdtick app. I will have e-mail and internet but don't use texts or calls that much. I would like to know whether the 8GB storage on a 4 will be enough or should I go for the 16GB storage on a 4S.

I look forward to your opinions.

many thanks
Terry

My mobile phone contract is up for renewal and I want to upgrade to an iphone4 and want to put on a number of apps for trees, butterflies, fungi etc as well the birds of Europe download, maybe a birdtick app. I will have e-mail and internet but don't use texts or calls that much. I would like to know whether the 8GB storage on a 4 will be enough or should I go for the 16GB storage on a 4S.

I look forward to your opinions.

many thanks
Terry

I have over 100 apps on my Iphone and it takes up about 7GB, so the 8GB would be more than enough for what you say you want it for,
But I would always recommend getting as much storage as you can afford

Last edited:
If you're happy with your basic mobile phone and just want a device to run apps that don't need 3G connections, just wi-fi then you may find a iPod Touch will be a lot cheaper. It'll run almost all of the apps that you'll get for an iPhone, inclusing the wonderful Birds of Northern Europe.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back