• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Med Gull with ring.....? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Imaged yesterday at Southend, Essex, hopefully enough information to establish point of origin on this 1st Winter Med Gull?

Cheers

Attachments

• Med Gull Southend Oct.15th'13.jpg
    Med Gull Southend Oct.15th'13.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 227
I agree with you, Ken. "3" it is. No wonder that you can´t decipher anything from the band on the red leg, it´s the ornithological station´s ring with engravement. Way to o distant to see anything there.
But with the code you can aleady nail it down and report it here:
http://www.cr-birding.org/node/459

Just got details back from Camille Duponcheel (efficient as ever) and 3ERR (E938937) was ringed as a chick at Prosperpolder, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium, on 7th June. This is the first report of it since ringing.

Just got details back from Camille Duponcheel (efficient as ever) and 3ERR (E938937) was ringed as a chick at Prosperpolder, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium, on 7th June. This is the first report of it since ringing.

Thanks Mark...''What a system!''...seemed to have cornered the Belgian market, with a Brussels rung Redpoll earlier in the year. :t:

This should ''nail it!''

...Another (adult) bird, same location.

Cheers

Attachments

• Ad.Med.Gull with ring E494.jpg
    Ad.Med.Gull with ring E494.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Ha ha, spent a moment wondering why someone was using a backwards L (preceded by 767) and then realised it was F494 - not a fan of those 4s though...

I too took a photo of a ringed Med gull in Aberdaron, Lleyn Peninsula, North Wales.
A member of the BTO knew how to get the details and I will give them here with a photo.
Rings white
3 AAE Copenhagen 6J 3407
Age Pullus
Ringdate 16/6/2013
Ringing place - Valdermarsslot, Fyn, Denmark 55,

Attachments

• First ringed Med Gull.jpg
    First ringed Med Gull.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 68
At the end of July I found this juvenile Med Gull on my local patch in Staffordshire, 3AAH. It was ringed on the same day and the same site in Denmark as the Lleyn Peninsula bird.

Same nest? Not sure :-O, but it was later found on the Wirral in early September.

I too took a photo of a ringed Med gull in Aberdaron, Lleyn Peninsula, North Wales.
A member of the BTO knew how to get the details and I will give them here with a photo.
Rings white
3 AAE Copenhagen 6J 3407
Age Pullus
Ringdate 16/6/2013
Ringing place - Valdermarsslot, Fyn, Denmark 55,

Attachments

• 057-001.JPG
    057-001.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back