• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck - London (1 Viewer)

John Fordham

Hi all,
Seen today at London Wetland Centre. Am guessing is a hybrid. Can you confirm please.
Cheers
John

Attachments

• BF1_1.jpg
    BF1_1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 111
White-cheeked or Bahama Pintail. Though an escape it probably came from elsewhere as the collection birds at LWC are pinioned + it's not unusual for escapes to arrive from farther afield.

White-cheeked or Bahama Pintail. Though an escape it probably came from elsewhere as the collection birds at LWC are pinioned + it's not unusual for escapes to arrive from farther afield.

There was one on the lake at Kelsey Park Beckenham where I live , until a few days ago when it left for pastures new. I wonder if its "our" duck?:eek!:

Since then the other day an Anas Georgica (yellow billed pintail/ South Georgia Pintail) has arrived and stayed so far.;)

It would be an escape if it was seen on the reserve's lake. The reserve also has a captive section - was the photo taken there?

It was seen on the Lake, not in the captive area, Paul. Maybe it is the Beckenham bird - I don't have a list of captive ducks at the Centre.

Cheers
John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back