• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to report banded Caspian Tern in Alaska (1 Viewer)

jc122463

Hi all,
I've found these two banded Caspian Terns on a summering ground (not sure if they're breeding) up here in Alaska. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on where these were banded or who to report them to. There's a group of about 50 of them mixed in with about 150 breeding Arctic Terns on the silt flats in front of the Davidson Glacier.

Thought this info might be of interest to someone, so any help you could give me to steer me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Benji

Attachments

• Banded-Caspian1.jpg
    Banded-Caspian1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Banded-Caspian2.jpg
    Banded-Caspian2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 78
One of the best place for finding out is this site but it is mainly for Europe although it does give contact ones for other parts of the World.

http://www.cr-birding.be/

And narrowing down to Caspian Terns on this site it may be one from this...although I may be wrong. But you could always send an email to see if it is.

Combination of rings.
Alexander Yurlov, Institute of Systematic and Animal Ecology SB RAS, Frunze-street 11, 630091 - Novosibirsk-91, Russia.
e-mail: [email protected] or [email protected]

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back