• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Canon TX1 (1 Viewer)

AlanFrench

Some time ago I was thinking of the Canon Powershot S3 IS as an alternative to a full blown DSLR - essentially something that would allow reasonable bird photos with its 12x zoom without the need to spend a lot of money. I didn't buy one because I was torn between that idea and the thought of getting a new camera the size of my older Canon Powershot S230 Digital Elph, and simply forgetting bird photography.

Now I see that Canon has announced a new Canon Powershot TX1. The camera is essentially the same size as my current S230 Digitial Elph, but sports a 10x zoom and IS. To say I am interested would be an understatement. I am looking forward to the first reports on this interesting sounding camera.

Clear skies, Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back