• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tamron Macro Lens (1 Viewer)

birder

Hi all. Here's what at first sight may seem a daft question. I have decided (I think!) to change totally from my Nikon kit (2 D100s, 80-400VR zoom, 105 Micro Nikkor, 35-80 zoom) to all Canon (Currently have EOS1D Mk II N and 500mm f4 IS; 1.4 and 2x 'converters') - YES, I am a general wildlife photographer, just as happy shooting Albatrosses from a ship in the roaring forties as a dragonfly in the wettest of Norfolk 'fens'.

I am therefore aiming to raise some cash by the sale of my Nikon gear to replace them with Canon. My aim is to get the 100-400L lens to replace the 80-400 Nikon and get a 'general' zoom lens (eg 24-85), a macro (eg 100mm), and another Canon body to try and minimise lens changing (I was considering the 400D or 30D).

Finally, I wonder if I may get away without having to replace the 105 AF Micro Nikkor. I also have a dearly loved Tamron SP 90 manual lens - pin sharp, superb images. I wonder if I can use this on any of the bodies I mention above - assuming I get the Canon Adapter ring.

Please can I have your comments on this and any of the other ideas I have about replacing my Nikon gear. I will continue to use the EOS 1D Mk 2N for 'distant' birds.

Thank you

Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back