• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South Carolina's 2nd Broad-billed Hummingbird (1 Viewer)

billhiltonjr

Registered Member
After banding South Carolina's second recorded Broad-billed Hummingbird on 7 January we wanted to get a full report on-line as soon as possible for folks who might want to go see it. To our knowledge this is the first time this species has been banded or photographed in the Palmetto State.

To read about this amazing out-of-range bird, please visit our "This week at Hilton Pond" photo essay for 1-7 January 2008 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek080101.html

As always we include a tally of birds banded and recaptured at Hilton Pond Center, along with a few miscellaneous nature notes.

I'm happy to respond to questions or comments via BirdForum.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

Congratulations Bill. Beautiful bird.

Mark Klym
Bastrop, TX

PS could you remind me exactly what information you need re RTHU. Thanks

Thanks, Mark. The bird was indeed spectacular.

What I need is a county-by-county map that shows the breeding records for RTHU in Texas. I think this is in the state book (Birds of Texas or Handbook of Texas Birds?). I could also use the accompanying RTHU text pages. A PDF of everything would be fine. :)

Have a great '08!

BILL

I'm on the road this week, but will see what I can find on returning to the office. HRU does not track breeding accounts in a reliable way (does not encourage searching, just asks for annecdotal counts).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back