• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

wonderful wonderful (1 Viewer)

rose taylor

To borrow a line from dear Johnnie Mathis.. I went to put the washing out just after 7 this morning. sometimes I moan about putting the washing out or even being up that early, but this time of the year is so lovely it would be a shame to miss the wonders of Mother Nature. As the sun got higher and the skies turned fiery orange so the birdsong got louder. A robin pipping on the rose arch, making sure the world knew he was there. He came to the fence and showed off because he really was beautiful. Orangy red and a tuft of feathers upright on his head. he stayed for a while so that I could get a really good look at him. There was another robin in the sycamore, a wren in a garden furthur along. Something was making him cross, and a woodpecker over the way. The jays came for breakfast and the squirrles were kindly emptying the seed feeders for me! Then there are the colours. The sycamore in the field next door is just about turning and the sun light on it is amazing. I absolutely love this time of the year!
happy autumn days
Rose.

A wonderful time of the year indeed, Rose! Thanks for sharing your early Autumnal morning...by the way I was up early too and shared similiar sights and sounds. A great start to the day!

Enjoy your Autum weekend!

What a lovely start to your day, Rose.

Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year.

What a beautiful description of an autumnal morning Rose. Thanks for sharing. I hung the washing out a bit later than you, and it wasn't half as lovely. I guess there's a lesson there somewhere.

Baz.

How lovely Rose,
My Robin was "clicking" at me all day yesterday! lol!
A wonderful autumn morning diary, thanks Rose

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back