• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

any of you grow fruit trees? (1 Viewer)

maersk

im planning on planting a couple manchurian apricot trees and hoping they fruit. anyone else have any fruit trees?

I have several - 2 Sour pie cherry, peach and 2 Asian pear, along with blueberry, strawberry-both domestic and wild, and wild blackberry. I don't grow apricots however. Your county extension agent should be a good resource.

The birds love the friut. I don't have any feeders but make sure that there are plenty of food sources. I don't use any pesticide. I notice that everytime the county sprays for mosquitoes the birds dissappear for a while. We have had West Nile in Oklahoma for the last two years.

The mockingbird tries to chase everyone off when the cherries are in season but the others are too much for him. The oriole stays until the blueberries and cherries are done. The blueberries, cherries, strawberries and blackberries are the most popular with my feathered friends.

Planted near on 40 mixed cherry, apple, pear and plum trees in the autumn ....and can confirm hares like them all with almost equal appeal! Wind blew off protection and hares ate almost all !

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back