• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can someone identify this bird for me? (1 Viewer)

Nick---

Hi

Just bought a house and had a visitor move into my back garden.

He has been around for 4 days and doesn't seem to want to leave, though I saw him fly up onto my fence today so it seems he could if he wanted to.

He is very tame and wanders around even when I'm mowing the lawn.

Called the RSPCA as I wasn't sure if maybe he was injured and not able to fly far, but they said leave it a few days as he doesn't seem distressed.

Would appreciate knowing what he or she is, and whether it is normal behaviour for their species to be so tame and to stay in the same area all the time.

Thanks!

http://i56.tinypic.com/i1mdeg.jpg

Female Pheasant. If she's found a good source of food she will hang around. They will only fly when really necessary. If there are no obvious injuries then leave her to do her stuff.

Be reassured she has found a welcome source of food...dont worry at all about her- she will leave in good time!

If you are interested n welcoming garden birds into your garden I would invest in some feeders...put in mixed wild birdseed and get a niger seed feeder and niger seed for the Goldfinches - they will comeduring the winter andlit upyour garden!

Plenty of help in this area on here or in your local pet shop (usually)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back