• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photoshop for beginners (1 Viewer)

mrsbell

Hello,

I would like to know what photoshop would be suitable for me as I am a beginner but would like the options of being able to edit images etc. Nothing too complicated! Any replies welcomed :)

Hi mrsbell and a very warm welcome to the Birdforum.
I am still using Photoshop Elements 2 even though I have Elements 7 and CS2 on my PC.
I just find it much less complicated and user friendly.You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap now too as its quite an old programme.

Thank you for the reply and for the welcome Mike :) I shall have a hunt round and see what i can see for elements 2. thanks again

Agree with Mike. Elements 2 is perfectly adequate for basic processing. I am not sure if it is still available though.

When you take your pictures keep the originals. Don't work on them. Make a copy and work on that instead. Your processing will improve in time and you will kick yourself for having ruined a good picture.

Good luck.

Agree with Mike. Elements 2 is perfectly adequate for basic processing. I am not sure if it is still available though.

When you take your pictures keep the originals. Don't work on them. Make a copy and work on that instead. Your processing will improve in time and you will kick yourself for having ruined a good picture.

Good luck.

Good idea thank you!

mrsbell - hello, also consider downloading Picasa for free. it allows you to sort and file your photos and carry out fairly simple manipulation. It's a great FREE programme and if you like it then you can also consider Photoshop, but Ithink you will be more than pleased with what Picasa can do.

Your local camera club would be a good place advice on photoshop and photography in general and I'm sure there will be old elements 3 or 4 kicking around.You are certainly welcome to Carluke camera club but as its in south lanarkshire it may be just too far to travel. Let me know how you get on

Your local camera club would be a good place advice on photoshop and photography in general and I'm sure there will be old elements 3 or 4 kicking around.You are certainly welcome to Carluke camera club but as its in south lanarkshire it may be just too far to travel. Let me know how you get on

Thank you! I am unsure where it is from me any ideas? (didnt take geography at school lol) Does yours finish April-sept as thisnis the trouble Im faced with they're all closing over the summer.

Its about 20 miles north of of Peebles but I've no real idea where you are based.Though the main club shuts at the end of April we do a summer club and tutorial nights through the year.If there is any specific advise you need feel free to ask

Its about 20 miles north of of Peebles but I've no real idea where you are based.Though the main club shuts at the end of April we do a summer club and tutorial nights through the year.If there is any specific advise you need feel free to ask

I am near Jedburgh so a fair bit away yeah, shame as I would have liked that. At the moment a suitable camera and lense is what I need to focus on :)

Do you have a budget and are you committed to any particular manufacturer.I use Olympus but they can be expensive (very), however the current lady in my life has a panasonic FZ50 bridge camera and she is getting some really nice shots. She has a few shots taken at distance but they are not outstanding, the range is something like35 to 400mm and no lens is going to perform across the entire range but its small unobtrusive and is more than good enough for day to day stuff and is great for flowers which is her first love.Big birding lenses are expensive and never quite long enough

Do you have a budget and are you committed to any particular manufacturer.I use Olympus but they can be expensive (very), however the current lady in my life has a panasonic FZ50 bridge camera and she is getting some really nice shots. She has a few shots taken at distance but they are not outstanding, the range is something like35 to 400mm and no lens is going to perform across the entire range but its small unobtrusive and is more than good enough for day to day stuff and is great for flowers which is her first love.Big birding lenses are expensive and never quite long enough

Thanks for you reply. I have a fujifinepix S6500 bridge camera at the moment with a 28-300mm range but like you said, zoom shots are not outstanding. I like wildlife but this, although it gives me the range, doesn't produce the quality behind the shot and I find if I take it on full zoom, it becomes pixilated and grainy. Shame as it is a super camera but I guess I just want to move up.

I have been thinking about the canon 1000d or 400/450d, subject to having a go and getting a feel for it. I have a budget of about £500 but at themoment \i am not commited to any make or model. I like the Nikon's too.

if you are going to purchase Elements (any #) may want to visit this location,, one of the best,,

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/

also if you go to you tube and type in elements with the number you buy you will find many tutorials,, several hundred in fact and some very good ones,,

Derry

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back