• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bushnell binoculars (1 Viewer)

Str8tbeast13

Hi.

Found a pair of bushnell binoculars and don't know much about them. They are 7x35. 357 ft. At 1000 yards. Fully coated optics. Can anyone tell anything about these?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 68
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Image 5.jpg
    Image 5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Bushnells....standard field width. A bit narrow for me, but that tends to
go along with a sharp image in basic binoculars. There is a bird insignia.
A 'birders' model. That usually has something a little better than ordinary inside..
maybe prisms or coatings are jazzed up a bit.

If you have pictures of the front + back lenses, with some shine on the coatings,
that might give more clues.

If they work...the glass, the optics.. they should be OK basic binocs that are fairly rugged.

There has been a gradual improvement in binoculars, moreso at the
starter level. Those look like the Bushnell "Falcons", now $25-35, but the ones
you are showing are probably batter than that.

The Nikon Acculon 7x35 (~$65) and the Bushnell 7x35 Powerview (~$45) would both
be a little better, and both would have more field width, which is handy
if you are getting acquainted with a new location or don't know where things hide
out yet. The Leupold Yosemite 8x30 or Kowa 8x30 would both both be a jump up
in sharpness and color, at ~$100-120.
(add shipping + handling if you can't find a store)

Used at auction, something just like those would be
about $10 final bid and $20 shipping and handling.

Walmarts usually have Nikon 8x40s at $70-80 that are good
but being cleared out and then a bunch of less desirable choices....
like dumpy glass with big ill-advised 12x-14x powers and zooming.

Last edited:
Any way to tell the price? If I was to go out and buy another pair what would I be looking at to spend?

Thanks

You see those standard field Bushnell's on eBay all the time. They almost never sell, and those that do seem to go for less than the cost of shipping.

There is a reason there is a lot of them and that they don't sell well. I have had a couple of similar Bushnell's and they are anything but sharp.

If you want to replace them for not a lot of money, look to the Nikon Aculon 7x35. They can be had for $90 tops. Search eBay and you can find them new from dealers with free shipping for less than $80.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back