• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

managed too get my first bullfinch picture today. (1 Viewer)

F1F3R

United Kingdom
i went out for a short local walk, and on the way back i spotted a male bullfinch...

first picture ive manged too get :t:

Attachments

• _MG_0020.JPG
    _MG_0020.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
..and it's a lovely shot of it as well.

Usually, I fold when I find a bird I have not photographed before and the shot comes out lousy ;)

here is another picture...
the back off the bird actually looks waxy or wet... ?

contrast , brightness or summit is needing changing but i will learn sometime :t:

heres a few others too !

Attachments

• _MG_0028.JPG
    _MG_0028.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 111
  • song thrush.JPG
    song thrush.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 101
  • woodpigeon.JPG
    woodpigeon.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 101
thanx for the comment KCFoggin :t:

just a lucky snap... i have never been so close too 1 before... im sure it was on max zoom off 400 , cropped a little too try show bird closer.

maybe next time i will get it full frame !!! i wish lol.

F1F3R said:
thanx for the comment KCFoggin :t:

just a lucky snap... i have never been so close too 1 before... im sure it was on max zoom off 400 , cropped a little too try show bird closer.

maybe next time i will get it full frame !!! i wish lol.
Well done, they are so difficult to capure on "film".
Incidentally it was 380mm!.

thanx for comments.

alan_rymer said:
Well done, they are so difficult to capure on "film".
Incidentally it was 380mm!.

thats the thing with the 100-400L lens ..its very easy too move it in 10-20mm without noticing.
i thought all my pictures were on full zoom , i could have zoomed up a little nearer ... doh :'D

thanx for pointing it out , i will check next time :t:

Hi Andy,

You've obviously turned pro as you spend more time out the camera than you do your day job! LOL. Nice pics, I'd keep you hand in with the day job though!

ATB

CB

chris baker said:
Hi Andy,

You've obviously turned pro as you spend more time out the camera than you do your day job! LOL. Nice pics,

i need all the praccy i can get with the camera lol.. so i sneak off whenever i get a spare hour. ;)

im hoping for a day out possibly next week , but i will know for sure by the end off this week.

Lovely pics Andy. Bullfinch always difficult, great shots. Love the one of the Thrush eyeing up his next worm, brilliant & the Woodpigeon is crystal clear.

Rod.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back