• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your major binocular use, POLL (1 Viewer)

Your major binocular use

• Just Birding & Nature Observation

Votes: 92 65.7%
  • Neither of the Above

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Multiple Uses With No Major Use, But Birding/Nature a Large Part of It

Votes: 41 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tero

Retired
United States
1. Birding
2. Not birding
3. Multiple uses with no major use, but birding a large part of it

Just curious. We have astronomers and all here.

Mine:just birding.

Andy, what would you like to add?
1, 2, 3 are the major divisions here. I do not really need to know if it is astronomy or boating or hunting. But they can explain all that if willing.

Andy, what would you like to add?
1, 2, 3 are the major divisions here. I do not really need to know if it is astronomy or boating or hunting. But they can explain all that if willing.

ok, no problem, I'll just do the options you have... it just didn't look right to me but i can't think of anything better and everyone seems to get the idea.
cheers,
Andy

As we're a birding/nature site and almost all birders will view other nature with the binos, I've taken the liberty of adding birding/nature as one.

cheers,
Andy

I see what Andy might be alluding to regarding Tero's categories.

1 and 3 OK, but 2? This IS Bird Forum after all. I doubt there will be many 2s, if any.

BTW, I'm a 3. Breakdown is something like 95% birding, 4% astronomy, 1% concerts.

Addendum: A lot of posts at the same time! I now see the poll Andy

Last edited:
1 but mainly collecting

What, use the bins ... but they'd get all messy.

The wording is rather odd, Tero.

1. X
2. Not X
3. Neither of the above

Finnish three-way logic perhaps? ;)

Perhaps some extra options:

4. Viewing dollar bills and other resolution targets

I'm mostly 1 with a tiny bit astronomy and some 4 too.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back