• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For October 2011 (1 Viewer)

Managed the dizzy heights of 27°C here yesterday, I'm sure that is an October record for this location since we've been here, even without looking at my records.

Another scorcher here today as well, useful breeze to keep us slightly refreshed.

Yesterday *1st October* was FAR too hot!!!!! Despite having a fan on full blast I was hot and sticky all day, very uncomfortable and mid-afternoon felt rather faint :smoke: It was a relief to get home, peel off and get into the shower to cool off. Not much in the way of sun, more white cloud all day but still around 23C+++ :-C Too hot for me!

Today: What a contrast!!! Rain overnight but still pretty clammy at 6am when I started work. Rain eased off but returned about 10am and cooled the air down :t: Wind began to pick up as the day progressed. MUCH better day than the previous few - today has been the first day I have felt cool since last Tuesday!!! :eek!:

I'm from the Frozen North.....I don't 'do' heat :smoke::-O

Monday 3rd was cloudy with quite a strong wind. Still fairly warm though and I still needed the fan on at work :smoke:

Today....after a clear sky giving us a chilly night (Neil was on nightshift) today is bright with white cloud and a stiff breeze. Thermometer showing 13.6C :t: MUCH more bearable temperature o:)

Yesterday was hot & sunny to start, then it clouded over & was very misty & muggy. I thought it would rain, but it didn't.
Today we are back to warmth & sun again, with more cloud than the weekend but it's still very pleasant.

Hot out of the camera! We've had squally showers all day today, the last one resulted in this lovely rainbow.

Attachments

• IMG_5389 (601x640).jpg
    IMG_5389 (601x640).jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5390 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_5390 (640x480).jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5391 (640x467).jpg
    IMG_5391 (640x467).jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 14
Heavy rain overnight cleared by mid-morning. Last night was VERY chilly indoors so I put the night storage heater on for the first time since around April. Today might have been wet at times but it was warm again :smoke: Not heatwave-hot like last week but warm enough to make me shed the coat :king:
Sunny afternoon interspersed with the occasional fleeting heavy showers. Forecast according to CountryFile is showers for the next three days or so.

Weekend was very iffy, early, and I mean very early, |:d|Sunday morning we were at Shepton Mallet & it was drizzling. It brightened a bit later & we even had a glimpse of sun, it stayed dry, but was very dull & overcast. OH said it was the same here, but wetter.

Sunday was drizzle at first but bright sunshine and pretty warm by lunchtime.

Today started off cloudy but mild with occasional sunny spells. By 4pm the wind was starting to blow quite strong and a few squally showers arrived.

A mix of cloud and sunny spells today. The morning wasn't too chilly but by mid-afternoon the wind was picking up and the temperature going down!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back