• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Macro Settings - Canon Macro Lens EF-S 60mm (1 Viewer)

andrew_chick

Lincolnshire Birder
Hi

I have purchased a Canon Macro Lens EF-S 60mm, and I am finding that many of my close up images are over exposed? Does anyone else have this problems? What setting should I be using to get the best results?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew

I`ve found when doing Macro stuff that I get the best results by stopping down to f8 if there is enough light if not try dialling in -1/3 exposure compensation this will help stop overexposure & give you a faster shutter speed.If your shooting RAW then you can adjust the exposure in an image editor later on.I expect others will be along with their thoughts later but the above settings worked for me!!!!

Steve.

Hi Andrew,

I use the EF-S 60mm and a 350D together with the Canon Macro Ring Lite MR-14 EX. Gives perfectly exposed images with great color and contrast. With this combination, it is possible to set the camera to manual mode, and then set the exposure and aperture to the values you want (for example 1/200s and f32), and the flash will give you the light necessary.

All the best,
Ulf

UlfL said:
Hi Andrew,

I use the EF-S 60mm and a 350D together with the Canon Macro Ring Lite MR-14 EX. Gives perfectly exposed images with great color and contrast. With this combination, it is possible to set the camera to manual mode, and then set the exposure and aperture to the values you want (for example 1/200s and f32), and the flash will give you the light necessary.

All the best,
Ulf
Welcome to Birdforum . :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back