• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Clash of the Titans Review in Birdwatcher's Digest (1 Viewer)

Lee ..... You made me "Google it".

I believe this is what you are referring to ......

JA2015-cover-300.jpg

Here is what they say about the article .....

And then consider the question, “Which manufacturer makes the best binocular for birding?” Objective testing reveals a winner. Find out which one in “The Clash of the Titans.

You can read it online, here is the link. The article starts on page 40:

http://www.birdwatchersdigest-digital.com/birdwatchersdigest/july_august_2015#pg1

The article is written by the Porters and the clash is between the new Leica Ultravid HD+, the new Zeiss SF and the Swaro EL SV.

Spoiler Alert - Stop here is you do not want the results before reading the article.

The new Zeiss SF was the winner for both the 8X42 and the 10X42.

Quotes from the article:

This one sentence sums it up .....
The Zeiss SF comes out clearly on top.

SF Optics: The SF combines a huge field of view with edge to edge sharpness and long eye relief. The combination combines an exceptional experience of immersion in the image that works even if you wear glasses. The binocular seems to disappear and all of your intention is on the bird.

SF Ergonomics: The SF is an incredibly comfortable binocular. Its perfect balance ...... you can observe longer without fatigue.

(Note: The article does not allow copy and paste so the quotes were hand keyed. Hopefully they are correct.)

Last edited:
Nice review, thanks for sharing:t:

Zeiss SF winner, hmmmm...... I suppose a certain person is not gonna like thiso:D

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back