• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birmingham City Centre (1 Viewer)

Several Siskin flew calling over James Watt Middleway yesterday morning.

Peregrine very vocal around Aston University earlier in the week.

I found a dead Woodcock tonight on the pavement outside my office, ironically on Woodcock Street next to Aston Uni https://twitter.com/pmandrews1973/status/674321345073819649?s=03

Just had news of another dead Woodcock, this one by Hockley Flyover in late October last year. I know the news is a bit late now, but I thought it may still be of interest.

Also, I had a Buzzard flying over Matalan on Dartmouth Circus just over a week ago (Thursday 18th).

The nearest I get to the City centre (at least with any regularity) these days is Edgbaston Res. I used to work on Broad Street, but didn't see anything of note that hasn't already been mentioned.

Cheers

Late news yesterday female Black Redstart on the Canal behide Cliveland Street per Steve Lilly
Good Birding YAMYAM

There is a pair of Mistle Thrushes breeding outside my office in Colmore Row which must be unusual

I've seen a pair of Mistle Thrushes around Brindley Place and around the Five Ways island. Might be the same pair.

It's amazing what will nest in the city centre! I even heard a Green Woodpecker in early April at the back of the old Tesco at Five Ways.

12.30 Salford Park/River Tame/River Rea/Spaghetti Junction
Pair of Tufted duck, Swans with 3 cygnets, Pied and Grey Wagtails, Kingfisher with fish. Great!

I've seen a pair of Mistle Thrushes around Brindley Place and around the Five Ways island. Might be the same pair.

It's amazing what will nest in the city centre! I even heard a Green Woodpecker in early April at the back of the old Tesco at Five Ways.

I heard a Mistle Thrush singing one evening a couple of weeks ago along Broad Street.

Des.

I've had reports of a Kingfisher at the junction of Warwick Barr at Great Barr Street from my fisherman/Kingfisher contact Rodger. Great to hear one is back/present. A possible juvenile I assume or perhaps an unlucky male similar to last years one on the Bourn. I've seen one here myself over Winter. I'll have to check it out soon myself. Great!!

Watching the Peregrines at the BT Tower from Snow Hill station this morning. I noted that one bird flew over to the Holiday Inn and spent good while perched on the hotels logo at the top of the building, easily visible.

Pied Wagtails are roosting at the Rag Market, the remains of their roost this morning mustered about 50 individuals when I passed through.

Peregrines

Watching the Peregrines at the BT Tower from Snow Hill station this morning. I noted that one bird flew over to the Holiday Inn and spent good while perched on the hotels logo at the top of the building, easily visible.
I have been working at snowhill for 3 weeks and the peregrines fly between bt tower and spend alot of time on holiday inn express. Easily viewed from st chads. Look top left on the hotel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back