• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Example Photos: FZ18 with Olympus TCON-17 (1 Viewer)

chirundu

Because of some of the excellent advice that i found on this forum regarding telephoto lenses for the Panasonic DMC-FZ18 camera, I took the plunge and purchased a Olympus TCON-17 1.7x Tele Conversion lens (TCON-17)

Having recently returned from a trip to Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe, where I had plenty of opportunities to try out the TCON-17 and thought that the photos may be useful as examples for anyone else thinking of buying it.

Check out my:
Olympus TCON-17 & Panasonic DMC-FZ18 Safari Photo Gallery

Or take a look at my latest Photos on Flickr

Once again many thanks to all those on this forum who so freely give their advice.

Those are great photos you have on the site and Flickr. Definitely pushing people to add this TCON to their FZ18! :t:

Hope to see more of your photos from Africa. Such a beautiful place with wonderful animals.

Because of some of the excellent advice that i found on this forum regarding telephoto lenses for the Panasonic DMC-FZ18 camera, I took the plunge and purchased a Olympus TCON-17 1.7x Tele Conversion lens (TCON-17)

Having recently returned from a trip to Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe, where I had plenty of opportunities to try out the TCON-17 and thought that the photos may be useful as examples for anyone else thinking of buying it.

Check out my:
Olympus TCON-17 & Panasonic DMC-FZ18 Safari Photo Gallery

Or take a look at my latest Photos on Flickr

Once again many thanks to all those on this forum who so freely give their advice.

I would be interested in what you actually done to get the camera to work and take the photos
I read this forum before I purchased my TCON17 for my Panasonic FZ18 and decided it would be a good idea to get more close-up to the birds I am photographing
When I put the teleconverter on to the camera (using the adaptor) and turn the camera I get a message saying "Turn the camera off and on again" but the same thing happens again if I do it. It doesn't happen with the lens off
Do you have any ideas ?

Sounds like the front of the lens on the FZ18 is hiting the rear of the TCON17. I don't know why that should be if you are using the correct standard Panasonic adapter. If you are using the Pemaraal third party variable adapter it needs to be screwed fully out to its maximum length when the TCON17 is attached.

wilfiethered, did you change the setting in the camera for using a tele conversion lens? The instruction is on page 86 of the manual (N. American version).

Hi i have recently purchased the fz28 and am thinking of a teleconvertor can i be cheeky and ask how much and where you purchased it.Thanks H

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back