• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A few days in Sunbury (London) (1 Viewer)

Stonechat2

Tooty Fruity Member
Hi all,

On thursday we went to London, If anyone want to see Red Kite, the m40 has got to be the best motorway to look for them, they often handg about just before these big white cliffs about 17 miles past oxford and just before high wycome. I've been along this road travelling to sunbury about 15 times and have seen 5 to 10 redkite there about 13 times, really great place.
We arived on the evening and went out for a meal, Steak pie, gravy, chips, and peas sorted me out for the night. On Friday i couldn't do any birding as i had to look after my puppy for th day as the rest were off at a dog show and my puppy was to young to go. I was planning on going to the London Wetland centre on Saturday but Shelia, our friend phoned thursday morning telling us that her brother from Canada was coming with his family and hat we would sadly have to leave midday. So back to Saturday morning, i got up before the rest at 7:00am and went out birding for a couple of hours before we had to leave. I sa all the usuals but there was a falcon flying about, my initial instincts said Hobby but i didn't get a good enougth view to confirm. I saw the Ringed necked Parakeet a years first for me. I got back and was rather dissapointed to get no lifers, especially as though i was i a new area. Midday came and by stroke of luck Shelias brother phoned saying that he was going to stop in a hotel at Stratford so after we had dinner i was a littlle gutted at not being able to go to the wetland centre. I went out birding on the evening and ended up lost and buy some water works, i wasn't supposed to be ther but it looked good for wildlife didn't it and it was. I got great views of the Hobby chasing after the Swift and House Martin, o saw Rabbits and alot of common water fowl. Still a fairly unsatisfying few days for me, from a birding point of view. Next time we go down and stay for a couple of days my dad has promise that i will be able to go. All good things come to those who wait!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back