• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL Focus Speed (1 Viewer)

karmantra

Has Swarovski adjusted their focus speed on their ELs again? The original ELs (talking 8.5x42 & 10x42) took just under 2.5 turns from close focus to infinity, then they tweaked thm to go to just under 1.5 turns. Have they tweaked them again? when? Do new 2006 models show a change in focus speed? Thanks!

karmantra said:
Has Swarovski adjusted their focus speed on their ELs again? The original ELs (talking 8.5x42 & 10x42) took just under 2.5 turns from close focus to infinity, then they tweaked thm to go to just under 1.5 turns. Have they tweaked them again? when? Do new 2006 models show a change in focus speed? Thanks!

Why do you think they changed the focus again? Most comments would indicate they had done the right thing the first time the changed it. Unless they try to optimize for a probable successor?

Swissboy said:
Why do you think they changed the focus again? Most comments would indicate they had done the right thing the first time the changed it. Unless they try to optimize for a probable successor?
Only curious because of some comments I have read regarding a change of focus speed in new models of the ELs. Zeiss and Nikon's top models have one revolution of the focus wheel from close-infinity, and I thought that maybe Swarovski felt they had to 'compete' on focus speed, going from 1.5 to 1.0 turns. 1.5 seems fine to me, but I would be curious to know if it has changed.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back