Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Tuesday 20th June 2017, 05:33   #1
simmojunior

Northern Argentina

Hi,

Currently planning my next big adventure and Henry Cook and I are thinking about 4 weeks in northern Argentina in November. Planning a couple of days in Buenos Aires before flying to Tucuman. Then to bird the mountains, desert, high altitude lakes, cloud forest, wetlands before ending with the Amazon and Iguazu Falls.

Planning to hire a rental car but really need 4 people to make it viable. We do not plan on using guides and plan to stay at hostels or camp to keep costs down.

3 species of Seedsnipes,Rufous-fronted Dipper, 3 of Flamingo, 5 of Tinamou, 2 of Rhea, 2 of Seriema, 5 of coot, Condors, numerous endemics and possibility of Diademed Sandpiper-Plover and even Harpy Eagle (probably not but recent sightings at Calilegua). Two spaces so if you fancy good birding, good mammals and amazing landscapes and food, let me know! :)

Oli
Old Monday 26th June 2017, 23:33   #2
George Wagner

I am very much interested in such a trip and would like to join you. However, I have prior commitment from November 13 to November 26. Is there any chance you might be interested in doing such a trip in October and early November?

You can reply directly to me at wagner8g@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

George
Old Tuesday 27th June 2017, 07:08   #3
simmojunior

Thanks for your interest George. Unfortunately cannot do October due to work.
Old Wednesday 28th June 2017, 17:44   #4
andy latham

I'm partly organised for trip to Argentina in November! Starting in jujuy 31st oct ending tucuman around 11/12 Nov with my wife. Back to BA then down to Ushuaia, el calafate and Rio Grande.
We could share costs if you're interested?
Old Thursday 6th July 2017, 17:19   #5
simmojunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy latham View Post
I'm partly organised for trip to Argentina in November! Starting in jujuy 31st oct ending tucuman around 11/12 Nov with my wife. Back to BA then down to Ushuaia, el calafate and Rio Grande.
We could share costs if you're interested?
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer but I cannot get time off in October. Think costs were spiralling too high so going to do Northern Peru instead. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. :)
Old Thursday 6th July 2017, 18:27   #6
Larry Sweetland
Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmojunior View Post
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the offer but I cannot get time off in October. Think costs were spiralling too high so going to do Northern Peru instead. If anyone wants to join us, let me know. :)
We're gonna be in Peru in November, but may well not be in the north by then. Be nice to bump into you if you're around, but we'll have a four year old with us, so would probably slow you down! Might be worth contacting Ovenbird, as she's more likely in the north round then (see her thread in info wanted section), and she will be able to be more hardcore

good luck
Old Saturday 15th July 2017, 15:39   #7
Colin.wood2

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmojunior View Post
Hi,

Currently planning my next big adventure and Henry Cook and I are thinking about 4 weeks in northern Argentina in November. Planning a couple of days in Buenos Aires before flying to Tucuman. Then to bird the mountains, desert, high altitude lakes, cloud forest, wetlands before ending with the Amazon and Iguazu Falls.

Planning to hire a rental car but really need 4 people to make it viable. We do not plan on using guides and plan to stay at hostels or camp to keep costs down.

3 species of Seedsnipes,Rufous-fronted Dipper, 3 of Flamingo, 5 of Tinamou, 2 of Rhea, 2 of Seriema, 5 of coot, Condors, numerous endemics and possibility of Diademed Sandpiper-Plover and even Harpy Eagle (probably not but recent sightings at Calilegua). Two spaces so if you fancy good birding, good mammals and amazing landscapes and food, let me know! :)

Oli
Hi
Possibly interested although may only be able to do just over three weeks.
Do you have a cost estimate?
Exact dates / itinerary?
Old Saturday 15th July 2017, 16:52   #8
simmojunior

Hi Colin, it was turning out too expensive so we've decided on north Peru instead. Going from around 1st November. Going to do it cheap so probably 1,300 for 3 weeks plus flights.
Old Monday 28th August 2017, 15:27   #9
Colin.wood2

Understood
We did N peru and S Ecuador with the Birds of Ecuador illustrator Paul Greenfield in Feb this year.

Let me kknow please when you next plan a trip .
I'm always looking for birding trips I can join.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: