• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barry area - Canada - UK birder needs info (1 Viewer)

Rob Smallwood

My brother-in-law is visiting the Barry area of Canada early in May.

Could anyone let us know what birds he might hope to see, this is his first visit so most "American" birds will be new to him, and also recommend any local areas worth visiting.

Any information at all gratefully received

Birding near Barrie

Hi.
I grew up in that area and can recommend a couple of places. There are some great wetlands near Barrie. The first place would be the Minesing Swamp. A pretty accessible wetlands that has lots of common species and even some provincially rare species.

The best place to go in early may would be Point Pelee National Park. It's pretty much the destination to go to for birders. It's pretty far from Barrie (probably a five or six hour drive) but well worth it.

Hope that helps,
Ian

Thanks Ian, and apologies for spelling Barrie incorrectly!

I think he has ruled Pelee out as too far - but will Minesing sounds promising,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back