• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSN2 eyecup (1 Viewer)

D0c

Anyone know a source for eyecups for a kowa TSN2 scope, the eyepiece is the 20-60x one.

Mines fell off and I can't find it anywhere :C

Short of buying the same eyepiece from somewhere (a tad OTT!) I think you could be a bit stuck there, you could maybe try a Wanted thread in the Classifieds and see if you get lucky. If it's a big hindrance to using the scope then maybe it's time you upgraded the eyepiece to a better zoom, there's a few you could choose from. The Kowa zoom for the 600/660/82SV scopes and these two
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-opticron-sdl-zoom-eyepiece-40935/p1007646
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-opticron-hdf-12-36x-16-48x-20-60x-zoom-eyepiece-40862/p1002189

The Opticrons will fit your scope by screwing on to the screw thread for your plastic eyecups but you will need to make some sort of washer to firm it all up and prevent the looseness in the eypiece that can make it awkward to zoom. Cutting some out of old binocular lens caps works well.

Last edited:
Anyone know a source for eyecups for a kowa TSN2 scope, the eyepiece is the 20-60x one.

Mines fell off and I can't find it anywhere :C

This could be a good opportunity to upgrade (if funds allow!). I use the Kowa TSN4 with an Opticron SDL V2 eyepiece - this combination works very well. You will need a spacer (to fit inside the locking eyepiece collar - I use a 4mm thick neoprene O ring) - a little bit Heath Robinson, but once done needs no further attention. This eyepiece significantly upgrades your scope without spending silly money, mine was £218.
Well worth a look!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back