• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High Grade 8x32 eyecup replacement cost (1 Viewer)

Craig H

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had these replaced. I emailed Nikon and they have quoted me £13.60 +VAT (£16.32 total) EACH plus p&p. I only want the rubber bit for crying out loud. Does this sound right to everyone else? Nearly £40 for two rubber eyecups seems a touch high.

Are these the thin rubber eye cups for the oculars on the Nikon HGs and HG Ls? If so that is quite a bit of money. I have a 10x32 where one comes loose on occasion but I just put it back on and forget it.

Will you have to return the binocular to Nikon to have them installed? I think they are originally glued to the metal extension mechanism. Maybe they are charging labor?

Bob

Are these the thin rubber eye cups for the oculars on the Nikon HGs and HG Ls? If so that is quite a bit of money. I have a 10x32 where one comes loose on occasion but I just put it back on and forget it.

Will you have to return the binocular to Nikon to have them installed? I think they are originally glued to the metal extension mechanism. Maybe they are charging labor?

Bob

yep, those are the ones and no, I dont have to send them off. If I did I could understand it but this is just to supply. I'll have to do it as mine are getting quite degraded now, but it feels like a rip off.

No you don't have to pay for these - at least I never have. I replaced both sets of eyecups on a pair of HG's and SECF's and didn't pay a penny.

I did pay £5 and postage for a new HG rainguard which broke which I thought was reasonable.

I'd query having to pay for these.

For replacement eyecups for the Conquest HD Zeiss are currently charging £ 15.00 including VAT per pair delivered UK.

Best wishes,

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone else has had these replaced. I emailed Nikon and they have quoted me £13.60 +VAT (£16.32 total) EACH plus p&p. I only want the rubber bit for crying out loud. Does this sound right to everyone else? Nearly £40 for two rubber eyecups seems a touch high.

I think I'm on my third pair and I'm trying to get some more at the moment. I haven't been charged previously but waiting for a reply to my email.

Thanks for the replies, quite interesting. Be even more interesting to see what they tell/ask you for Steve. They replied pretty quickly to my email so you shouldn't have to wait long. Would you mind letting me know what they say?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back