• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suitability of Nikon DS eyepieces for general viewing (1 Viewer)

I am in the process of putting together a Nikon Fieldscope for bird viewing and have a question.
Are the Nikon DS (digiscoping) eyepieces suitable for general viewing? I would like to give digiscoping a shot and I am hoping the DS eyepieces would also be useful for viewing.
Thanks for any reply.

I was using the 16x DS on the ED 50 and do use it at 30x on a 82 ED clone and have no problems using it for general viewing purposes.

The DS EPs give the very same view (inc. eye relief) as their MC wide counterparts, sans the twist-up eyecup. Beautiful views from these, assured.

Nikon 6954 DS eyepiece...

Note: The rubber cover used for normal viewing (left photo) can be removed for use with a digiscoping adapter.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back