• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a Navy Mk 32 on eBay (1 Viewer)

WJC

Many of you frequent eBay. What price should this be worth on eBay? It’s a US Navy Mk 32 (circa 1943) with case, straps for the bino and case, and filters for the EPs. The AR coatings are Mag Fluoride.

Thanks,

Bill

Attachments

• ebay #1 IMG_0142 copy.JPG
    ebay #1 IMG_0142 copy.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 80
Is it properly collimated? I had to ask that.................

Jerry

And well you should! I don’t have a collimator. But, even with an IPD of 69mm, it is well within my range of spatial accommodation without any eyestrain or discomfort. I would have liked to have provided a better photo. However, no matter how much I shrink it—unless I make it tiny—it’s still “913k” and too big to pop in. This crap is intuitive if you work with it every day and, if you don’t, they don’t care. That’s why I’m going with the Brit program (Serif Software) they’re coming out with this year to replace their PagePlus 9.

At that point, Adobe can blow it out their shorts; I no longer need an “Industry Standard.” :cat:

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

you can search past prices on ebay.com by entering your search term at the top on the start page and then scroll down a bit on the result page and tick the "Sold listings" box under "Show only" on the left side.

If you then click on some item in the list, it will tell you bidding has ended and suggest whatever it thinks you might want, but there is a link named "See original listing" to the right of the head line. This brings you to the listing page as it was shown at the time of sale, usually including pictures if it's not too old.

I did it for an Mk32 and the highest prices were around $150 for a pair in ok used state including case, straps and filter, but not cleaned & serviced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-US-NAV...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The lowest price was $30 for a very beat up pair with obvious defects:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Navy-194...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Joachim

Last edited:
Hi Bill,

you can search past prices on ebay.com by entering your search term at the top on the start page and then scroll down a bit on the result page and tick the "Sold listings" box under "Show only" on the left side.

If you then click on some item in the list, it will tell you bidding has ended and suggest whatever it thinks you might want, but there is a link named "See original listing" to the right of the head line. This brings you to the listing page as it was shown at the time of sale, usually including pictures if it's not too old.

I did it for an Mk32 and the highest prices were around $150 for a pair in ok used state including case, straps and filter, but not cleaned & serviced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1943-US-NAV...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The lowest price was $30 for a very beat up pair with obvious defects:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Navy-194...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Joachim

Joachim:

Thank you so much!

Bill

Joachim,

Happy belated Easter to you, too!

Because of company, I have been away from the computer for 4 days. Then, when I turned it on this morning, I started getting that garbage about how it couldn’t find it’s mouse ... that was sitting 6 inches away with new lithium batteries in it. I went to a Mac to avoid this kind of thing I had to put up with with the PC.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back