• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix FS10 for Swarovski 80mm (1 Viewer)

baskok

I want to go digiscoping with my swarovski 80 mm telescope.
And someone recomended the Lumix FS10 but is this a good
camera for digiscoping and if it is w do i need to fit it on my
telescope

grz bas

I use the swaro Dca adapter on a nikon coolpix but before that I used the lumix fs11 with a jackar adapter which enabled it to be attached to the Dca adapter. Ger.

The Jackar adapter is a good choice or the original Swarovski UCA adapter which is the one I use for unthreaded digicams. It is annoying though that you can't observe at the same time.
Neil

I highly recommend the FS10, or FH1 in the States. I test it as sharp as the P6000 and LX3. It digiscopes better without vignetting than any camera I have had. The Jackar adapter seems to be a good adapter in Europe and the UK. Does not seem to be available in the U.S. Here I highly suggest the Omni Extend a Lens by Photosolve, it is a sturdy and beautifully machined adapter much like the Jackar. Do not know if they will ship overseas.

Select the Prortrait Mode with flash forced off to keep the aperture wide open. Gene

Just fyi, hope I'm not breaking any forum rules.
Have ordered the Jackar adapter from ebay.co.uk and after reading the previous post I checked ebay.com and it is available in America (shipping from Hong Kong).
You have to search for universal adapter as Jackar isnt mentioned in the description.

I do find when i take photos with the fs10 i just can seem to get the really sharp picture. Can anyone recommend anything im doing wrong, or ways it can be improved.

I just use it in normal mode, and half push the button and focus with scope then take photo.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back