• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Diascope 85 FL and Baader zoom (1 Viewer)

Claudio Todesco

Hi guys,
I'm a new member.
I'm waiting for a 85 FL (the black one new model) and I would like to know if I can directly use the Baader zoom Mark III.
Thanks!

Claudio

In the Diascope old model the Baader zoom was used without adapter, directly. I would like to know if it's possible also in the new model.
Thanks.

Claudio.

I don't see why not. According to Zeiss the new Diascope still has M45 adapter threads and so does the MK III Baader zoom. They should fit together just like the older models did.

Has anyone been able to compare the Baader Hyperion zoom MK III to the new Zeiss 20-75x zoom? I have seen through the 20-75x and was impressed with the image clarity, and large FOV even at low magnification. I also found it comfortable to look through. However, it is also very heavy, and I while it moves smoothly, I found it a bit tight to zoom (maybe a good thing for digiscoping). It's certainly a very solid construction.

The Baader received good reviews compared to the 20-60x, but I have not found a direct comparison to the 20-75x. One advantage of the Baader is that it can easily be used for SLR photography using adapters, and of course, it costs less than a third of the new Zeiss. If you've compared the two directly, or if you know of a review, please let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back