• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sigma 150/600 (2 Viewers)

hi
yes im happy with the kenko converter
last one for tonight as im starting to lose the will to live being stuck behind the computer
this one is full frame of a bean bag with the light starting to fail behind the subject at 600mm
https://flic.kr/p/rYgGE6
chris

hi jef
appears to be a big improvment in the detail
do you think its the light or the adjustments you made
looks great
chris
its the light and the 70d chris ,i was on minimum focus limits with todays shots ,so the settings haven't been applied ,i am going to add them to C1 tonight to see if this can be improved on to for close focussing .its a step by step learning curve and not everything will work so its trial and error till i reach the happy medium ,battling freezing fog here now to :eek!:

another shot from this morning

Attachments

• light and shade .jpg
    light and shade .jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
hi jeff
you arnt the only one that can take a photo of a blue tit
heres 2 more from friday
a bit of a crop and shot of a bean bag
https://flic.kr/p/rZ8UPU
https://flic.kr/p/rEWsBt
i think i shall hold on before i start fiddling with adjustments just yet but glad you are enjoying exploring its capabilitys and will be a usefull source of info if i or anybody else decides to have a play
chris
ps both photos looking good

nice shots chris ,looks like you didn't have the blinding light we did today ,fog all day over the estuary where i live but super brilliant up in the mountains behind me ,just put in the new settings to C1 so i have hopefully what i need for close work in C1 and distance work in C2 .
to be honest i still can't decide which camera i like best with it ,just don't like the harshness of the files from the 70d ,might try out a 5d2 or 6d later in the week and see how they perform ,just cannot get to like the 70d no matter what i try

hi jeff
i find the 1dmk4 gives much nicer looking images with much smother backgrounds than my 60d does so perhaps its the larger sensor making a differance
chris

another nuthatch shot from yesterday ,and a squirrel full frame

Attachments

• poseur .jpg
    poseur .jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 75
  • grey day shades .jpg
    grey day shades .jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 79
i posted this one quickly on flickr this morning without even really checking it through ,(late night processing syndrome) then rushed out .however just took a in depth look at it
the main details being sigma 150-600mm sport ,600mm HAND HELD ,close focus mode engaged .more and more impressed every day .and i,m not even started on todays shots which are superb as far as i can see ..

Attachments

• first signs .jpg
    first signs .jpg
    639 KB · Views: 120
Super capture, Jeff! ..I really like the pix you posts here, it shows up really nicely in size and detail, even better than seeing the original sizes on Flickr. :)

Cheers, John

nice chris i like the last one best .why don't you upload directly onto here as i do ,just change your post to "go advanced" under the message box then upload files direct from your computer .saves a lot of messing about

I think is nice to put a link to flickr when, as in Chris' case, you can see the full resolution files.
When uploading here there is a limitation on the file size and resolution.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back