• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Drawing Courses (1 Viewer)

RuislipMG

Hi ive done 2 1 day courses , work as far away from nature as possible in construction , and drawing when i have the time is my way to relax

I have heard that John Busby has done some longer drawing courses along with some other artists i have scoured the web but not found any contact details

anyone help

Thanks

also some of the work on the posts is absolutely fantastic and i can spend hours just looking at the sketches - thank you

I would suggest looking in your local area- and do an evening a week. That way you can keep some sort of continuity and work with a group which you should find gives you some inspiration and the push we all need sometimes to work! I find this forum works in the that sort of way for me.

Hi ive done 2 1 day courses , work as far away from nature as possible in construction , and drawing when i have the time is my way to relax

I have heard that John Busby has done some longer drawing courses along with some other artists i have scoured the web but not found any contact details

anyone help

Thanks

also some of the work on the posts is absolutely fantastic and i can spend hours just looking at the sketches - thank you

There's some bloke by the name of Wootton who offers drawing courses (if you can make it up to Orkney presumably). He's quite good apparently... See this link:

http://www.tim-wootton.com/drawing/

Dave

Ha! - I'm also available for day-hire (bit like a bouncy castle, just not as much fun. Same amount of hot air though!) - as long as I get my travel expenses.
Seriously though, there is bound to be someone doing this locally -or enquire at the local college - summer schools and the like usually have stuff like this as part of their offerings.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies i will have a look locally and try and do some on my local patch
travelling wasnt the issue it was the length of the course which i think would have helped giving a bit more time to pick up the necessary skills, went to the SWLA exhibition and had a good detailed look at some of the work , the ones i liked were busby,woodhead, etc which is more field type work and i realised the level of detail in some of their work relies upon the 'jizz' of the Bird and not the finite detail

anyway thanks for your responses

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back