• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Input request for BirdingApp (1 Viewer)

wilko

Developer of BirdingApp
Dear birdwatchers and birdlovers,

For the last few months I've been developing BirdingApp as a result of combining two of my passions which are app-development and birdwatching.
BirdingApp is ment for people who wants to get information about specific species like habitat, images, sounds, etc. The core functionalities are:

1. Search for species by Latin name or the name in your own language. (Birds in the search result will be shown sorted by rarity in your own country, most common on top)
  2. See detail information about a species
  3. Setup a wishlist / checklist to keep up with what species you have on your wishlist, with the ability to check the ones you have seen

I consider the app in its current state as a good start, but I'm in need for some good feedback to improve the app. I like to create more added value for birdwatchers.

Currently the app stands out from the other birding apps by offering a great amount of species (11.000+), but I think that more detailed information about the species is required to create more added value. Because I'm just a ignorant birding-jedi in training, I do not have the wisdom to create a perfect feature-to-develop list to make it the perfect birding app. For this reason I would like to ask you, if you are interested, to provide me input like:

• What information about a bird are you missing?
  • What are current flaws in the app?
  • How could the added value be increased, looking at other birdingapps?

This year, the following requested features will be added:

• "My observations" wher users can log their observations, just like they do on platforms like eBird. I hope to find a way to integrate these observations with eBird so the BirdingApp and eBird observations can stay in sync.
  • Download all data (for each continent), to make the app functionality available offline (in the field)

The app and information can be found here in the play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thomassenapps.aviapp

I hope anyone is willing to give it a try, any input is welcome.

Attachments

• birdingapp_2_1_c.jpg
    birdingapp_2_1_c.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back