• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nesting Robins becoming a nuisance. (1 Viewer)

Adam.S

I just got back from vacation and to my surprise I came home to a nestful of territorial robins.

They made their nest in a little opening on the side of my garage.. the problem is whenever I go into my backyard the robins come swooping over my head. My poor little niece won't even go near that area anymore :)

Do the robins eventually get accustomed to people near their nesting site and leave them alone?

Do you think I cause too much stress to the birds if I repeatedly go around the area of their nesting to do work?

TIA,
-Adam.S

Hi Adam! I don't believe you have been given the official welcome yet ;) So on behalf of the entire staff here at Bird Forum. a warm welcome.

How long were you gone? I ask this cause I wondering how long the Robins had your yard to themselves before your return. I would think that they will get used to you in time. You might try just sitting outside in their sight and hopefully they will realize that you mean them no harm. I've found slower movements around nesting areas don't seem to scare the birds as much.

In any event, the nesting process is short lived and you should be able to move about in a few weeks. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back