• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A wet and windy Leyland!! (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Well the tribe have had a very quite day, strong winds, rain, lovely. 1 male blackbird, then 4 dunnocks came out, followed by house sparrows, starlings, and a few collared doves. And thats been it!! |:(| whats been in yours today?
bert.

It's been horrendous here too, from lunchtime onwards, gales and lashing rain, not nice weather for forestry doggie walking (Got drowned |:mad:| ) However, when I got back, I replenished my soggy feeders, and put a couple of jugs full of seed out on the bird table and ground dish. Within minutes, there were 26 collared doves, and around 40 to 50 mixed house sparrows, chaffinches and green finches. I am surprised to see too that given a choice, collared doves seem to prefer eating off the bird table, mine in fact is one of those mesh trays fixed on top of my old bird table which fell apart. I thought they were ground feeders, but at least 16 of them crammed onto the table!

The only sour note (well for me anyway, I know they have to eat) - a Sparrow hawk came and got something, (not a dove) I saw it on the ground and it flew away when it saw me, but I'm sure it had something |=(|

Sorry to gloat ;) but it's been nice, if a bit windy here today, just started raining about 30 mins ago! I was rather chuffed to have a flock of long tailed tits earlier, house sparrows, 2 collared doves, numerous blue tits and one great tit. When walking to my bird club hide this morning I also saw a goldfinch feeding three babies and got thoroughly confused by something that I think was either a chiff chaff or a willow warbler.

Absolutely nothing today.
I love to see the Sparrowhawks visit my garden, usually a female haven't seen her catch anything yet, pity.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back