• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My little ones (1 Viewer)

The F stops here

This guy...
Been feeding and helping the best i can to raise hummingbirds for the better part of 10 years. I've noticed over the generations they become less and less fearless of me, i've come ever so close to having one perch on my finger on multiple occasions.

Here are a few of my favorite shots i've gotten from my little lovelies...

Hummingbird21 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Hummingbird27 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Hummingbird44 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Hummingbird46 by LenzFreak, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy |:D|

Every time I see them I am delighted like a child. I see them all day long from my little perch and I still draw in breath. No wonder they call a group a "charm." I get to see lots of behavior I can't photograph. They are feisty, little Fighter Aces. I used to live near you, growing up. Welcome to the forum. These folks are smart, citizen scientists. I've never found a forum on any subject, with such vast participation.

Thank you

Thank you, and believe me, if i had the first clue how to use photoshop i would in a heartbeat.

F stop- Here's a quick hack to show you what I was thinking. I hope you don't mind,

Jim

p.s. I hope this comes over

Attachments

• Hummer.jpg
    Hummer.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 71
Every time I see them I am delighted like a child. I see them all day long from my little perch and I still draw in breath. No wonder they call a group a "charm." I get to see lots of behavior I can't photograph. They are feisty, little Fighter Aces. I used to live near you, growing up. Welcome to the forum. These folks are smart, citizen scientists. I've never found a forum on any subject, with such vast participation.
Thank you and i agree
F stop- Here's a quick hack to show you what I was thinking. I hope you don't mind,

Jim

p.s. I hope this comes over
Wow Jim, that's perfect, great job :t:

Splendid work above. Lit a fire to get the garden tiller out and start prep'ing for next years attempt to wean them from the bottle. Already have trumpet creeper and a few other things, in. Thanks all

Splendid work above. Lit a fire to get the garden tiller out and start prep'ing for next years attempt to wean them from the bottle. Already have trumpet creeper and a few other things, in. Thanks all

Thank you |=)| I've been wanting to do the same thing to put them in a more "natural" environment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back