• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED 50 with a pistol grip (1 Viewer)

mgsphilip

I own a straight Nikon ED 50 spotting scope with a 16x eyepiece. As an experiment I purchased a second hand pistol grip from my local camera repairer. I removed the cable release which I did not need. I found the image with the pistol grip steadier than I expected. This combination is so portable that I will be taking it in my hand luggage on my next holiday.

I own a straight Nikon ED 50 spotting scope with a 16x eyepiece. As an experiment I purchased a second hand pistol grip from my local camera repairer. I removed the cable release which I did not need. I found the image with the pistol grip steadier than I expected. This combination is so portable that I will be taking it in my hand luggage on my next holiday.
Thanks, mgsphilip, can you tell us the make and model of the pistol grip?

The second hand pistol grip that I purchased was manufactured by Paterson. I believe that most of these pistol grips were originally used to support cine cameras. If you search Gooogle images or ebay you will find these grips. The shop I purchased my grip from was one that services and repairs traditional cameras, the grip cost me five pounds sterling.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back