• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Norfolk coast in winter (1 Viewer)

treecreeper

unashamed dude
Hi,

I am planning to walk the entire North Norfolk Coast Path this winter (from Hunstanton to Cromer) - possibly at the beginning of February. I would appreciate your advice on the best places to see the following species:

any Goose species
Cetti's Warbler
Merlin
Lapland Bunting
Snow Bunting
Shore Lark

Regards
Tom

Geese should be pretty easy (punk foot and Brent atleast) and I think whitefront around holkham (lady annes drive)
Titchwell (meadow trail and hide) and the pond and bushes at walsey hill usually produces cettis for me though I've never nursed Norfolk in February, so I can't comment on this at this time.
Cley eye field, shingle bank and salthouse may hold lap bunt and shorelark as may holkham bay- check rarity services before you go for info on these. Snow bunting may be with them.
Michael

I suspect if you do that walk you'll be the authority on this winters distribution of the last 3! Last winter I caught up with them on 21/1 at:
Shorelark, 10 W.of East Bank Cley
Lapland Bunting, 6+ stubble E. of Weybourne cottages
Snow Bunting, 40+ Salthouse beach car park

Dont seem to be many Shorelarks around so far this autumn, still early though.

Best of luck
John

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back