• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ-28 real and apparent improvements (1 Viewer)

Swissboy

Sempach, Switzerland
Supporter
Switzerland
I just received my FZ-28. I bought this camera because of its video capabilities (HD and zoom while taking videos) in addition to the FZ-8 I already own. I had read somewhere that the FZ-28 no longer comes with a printed full operating manual. So I thought it was good I had the one of my FZ-8 for most unchanged features. But it was a very pleasant surprise to find a full printed operating manual included now. Thus, I wonder whether that has been added as a result of poor rankings in this respect. Added to that manual were a few loose sheets. One of them states that the audio recording has been improved. As a consequence, recordings made by this new version can't be played on older (pre July 2008) versions of the FZ-28. The reverse is possible, however.

Overall, I find it very positive to realize Panasonic is improving things on existing models. I hope they get a better EVF in there as well, though. That picture is just so small. And I only just barely manage to see the full picture with my glasses which I need to wear all the time. Another problem, though only affecting videos, is the fact that highlights produce irritating light-bands. These show in the viewfinder in any case, but they are not on the still pictures. Yet, they very much annoy in the videos. One final point where improvements would be welcome is the slow focus, particularly while zooming in a video.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back