• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

fz8 good buy? (1 Viewer)

Stu024

Hi, I am looking to get my daughter a camera for xmas, she is interested in taking bird photos, so i would like to get one with a longish zoom.

She is only 10 so I dont want to spend alot on the camera. I am considering between the fz8 and one of the fujis?

I have looked at a few reviews for the fz8 and it looks good for the money, but It has been out a while now, and I am wondering if I would be better off with something else.

Like I said I dont want to spend alot, maybe abround £80-£120

Thanks, Stu

Hi, I am looking to get my daughter a camera for xmas, she is interested in taking bird photos, so i would like to get one with a longish zoom.

She is only 10 so I dont want to spend alot on the camera. I am considering between the fz8 and one of the fujis?

I have looked at a few reviews for the fz8 and it looks good for the money, but It has been out a while now, and I am wondering if I would be better off with something else.

Like I said I dont want to spend alot, maybe abround £80-£120

Thanks, Stu

I have had this camera for about a year and a half now, and I consider it a very handy reliable one. I would definitely recommend it for your daughter. I can't comment on the Fujis though. But The Panasonics constantly get good reviews for their very fine Leica lens. The limits with the FZ8 come with very low light and with birds in flight. And the FZ28 has video with higher resolution and zooming while recording. But The FZ8 has a better viewfinder. And it is quite a bit smaller. Thus, I still prefer my FZ8 over the FZ28 which I also have. I use the newer model only if I think I might take HD videos.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back