• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eden Project Birds (1 Viewer)

luke

A Welsh birder in Dorset!
After watching the BBC programme, 'Nature of Britain' which showed robins, blackbirds and tits living and breeding those huge 'greenhouses'. So i was wondering wether any migrant birds such as warblers have got in. i suppose the climate in there is perfect all year round for warbler species, so i'd be interested to know what behaviour they might show.

Not related to the main point of your post, but once again the BBC have excelled in the making of a Nature Programme. It's so nice to look at our native wildlife, long may it continue. I'm fed up with Elephants and Lions, long live the Vole.

Twite.

Alan was in the temperate domes - when I was there early this year I didn't notice anything unusual....but my time was limited as I walked there from Par and got lost.

In the hot domes there are all sorts of non UK birds but a zoo licence was obtained to introduce them and lizards (didn't see any).

Problem with the hot dome is the humidity - a camera isn't going to work until it aclimatizes (if at all) and it's just like being in the jungle - it's tiring.

After watching the BBC programme, 'Nature of Britain' which showed robins, blackbirds and tits living and breeding those huge 'greenhouses'. So i was wondering wether any migrant birds such as warblers have got in. i suppose the climate in there is perfect all year round for warbler species, so i'd be interested to know what behaviour they might show.

I think I remember reading about something surprising breeding in large numbers in the Botanic Gardens of Wales huge glasshouse - it wasn't anything super rare just the sort of garden bird you don't see in large numbers but I can't remember what.

Shedloads of robins in Eden. When we were there there were two buzzards circling above the biomes in the mist which looked amazing.

I've seen and photographed Sedge Warbler in the temperate dome, I assume it migrated normally.

Given the obviously non-secure nature of the domes I am surprised there aren't more local records of breeding white-eyes.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back