• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

yosemite 6x30 or nikon 7x35 action ex (1 Viewer)

andy70437

I am interested if there`s anyone out there with an opinion to which is the best buy !
Both have very good reviews but there is no chance of getting a chance to compare them side by side here in Cornwall !
I`ve seen the yosemite at £70 and the nikons for £89 here in the UK.
So what is the best buy ?
I shall be using them primarly for bird watching.
Thanks for your attention !
Andy

I've check out the Nikons in the past.

Got a set of 6x30 Yosemites for my daughter. I end up using them a lot.

Things the Leupold has going for it:

Lighter
Sharper (more so to the edge)
Better eye relief (I have glasses and can see the total FOV)
Neutral color
Smaller (if I remember correctly)
Focusing action is a little slow... but the depth of field is massive.

I was and am really impressed with these. My opinion is these are a better choice.

Cheers

I have had both the Nikon and the Yosemite. I got rid of the Nikon and plan to get a second pair of Yosemite. The Yosemite binos are great!

Hi Andy

I have just bought the Yosemite 8x30 and can say that I like them a great deal. Not the 6x30 that you are interested in I know but from posts here the 6x30 are "better" than the 8x30 having a flatter field and a greater deapth of focus. You would not be dissapointed in them.

I obtained mine from the USA. It took 10 days for them to arrive and the total cost was £63.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Jusst out of curosity, what shop in the USA did you order them from??

Cheers!
Gary

Hi Andy

I have just bought the Yosemite 8x30 and can say that I like them a great deal. Not the 6x30 that you are interested in I know but from posts here the 6x30 are "better" than the 8x30 having a flatter field and a greater deapth of focus. You would not be dissapointed in them.

I obtained mine from the USA. It took 10 days for them to arrive and the total cost was £63.

Hope that helps

Cheers

Steve

Action EX

I got a pairof Nikon Action EX 8 X 42 a week ago and am finding them to be excellent in every way. As someone who wears glasses, I particularly like the way that the eye cups have three in-out positions.

Jeff

It`s the Nikon Action CF range that`s £49 at WarehouseExpress, even although the binos illusrated at the top of the page are the "EX" model ! ! !

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back