• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Danger, Suicidal Buzzard (1 Viewer)

CliveP

On the way home a buzzard flew out of a hedge at the side of the M1 motorway near Lurgan and straight across in front of me as I headed towards it at about 65mph on my motorcycle. Very lucky I wasn't going faster.

It suddenly saw me and turned back towards me into my path with its claws out! as I think it thought it was a gonner. At this point I started to worry, then it realised that it should just fly on. Phew!

I like my wildlife close but not quite that close. I think I missed it by a meter. I'm laughing about it now but I could have been in hospital about right now having a buzzard removed. This was just about 3 hours ago.

I've heard of pigeons knocking motorcyclists out but I thought I was going to be the first Buzzard case. It all happened so quickly there was absolutely no chance to do anyhthing except start to duck or should it be start to Buzzard?

Funny thing was that when first i saw it in that split second I tried to ID it??? Ah just a Buzzard but wait, its about to potentially kill me!!!!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back