• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kincardinshire/Angus 2018 (1 Viewer)

Congratulations on your Lifer Kincraig. I saw my first one in the winter time, at Balgavies.

Keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

Congratulations on your Lifer Kincraig. I saw my first one in the winter time, at Balgavies.

Keep an eye on threads titled something like Scottish Bashes; we try to meet up occasionally and they're always great fun. You'd be most welcome to join us on another if you can manage.

Thank you.

Had another good day at montrose today with my elder daughter. First interesting spot was either a linnet, which i have seen before, or a redpoll, which I have not. Then there were the usual shelduck, curlew, greenshank, redshank, mallard, eider and wigeon, with a red kite taking a bird to throw in a dramatic twist. Finally, we ended up with another lifer, a little egret, which is an easy spot if there is one there. A good day.

I was out for a wander with the dog on Saturday over the moors beside the woods just west of Stonehaven, looking for the red deer that I know (from the amount of tracks and sign) live there. From that perspective it was a successful trip - I sat around 0.5 miles away from a forest clearing watching a red hind and two of last year's calves, and also spotted two roe doe at much closer quarters.
The bonus came on the way back to the car - four bullfinch (two male and two female) and then three crossbill (one male with two females). It is the first crossbills that I've ever seen outwith Strathspey.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back