• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Elusive Willow Tit (1 Viewer)

halftwo

Wird Batcher
The fallen fence of shadow stripes
Lies flattened across the trail
The arched brow of a rainbow
Above the black-eyed sky
A crowd of ghost-like birches
Overstep the brambles
Then the tiny 'zi' of a Willow Tit
Falls like ice on the wind.
Silent, past the Treecreeper, whispering
From the trunk, then one more 'zi'
And the melted ice is gone.

I really enjoyed that one.:t: I shall now digress... The first line, "The fallen fence of shadow stripes" immediately brought to mind the opening line of the King Crimson song, The Court of the Crimson King - "The frozen chains of prison moons". So much so that I tried to fit the rest of the poem to the tune (fortunately it doesn't work). Now I have an ear-worm for the next few hours!
(Apologies to anyone who isn't aware of who King Crimson were - 70's prog rock band).

Agree with Richard--I felt winter coming on. I enjoy all your poems, H, but I confess that I like your winter writings best. It's been since childhood that I lived in a place with winters and your writing brings back such vivid memories. Look forward to reading your winter posts from your new place.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back