• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nashville Warbler? Ottawa, ON (1 Viewer)

Gillian_M

Birding since 2006!
It's time for me to brush up on my fall warblers! I got three quick shots of this bird on the weekend - if it is a Nashville, it will be the first one I've seen this year.

Can anyone confirm or correct this ID?

Thanks as always!

Attachments

• Mud Lake 630 (2).jpg
    Mud Lake 630 (2).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 93
  • Mud Lake 631 (2).jpg
    Mud Lake 631 (2).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Mud Lake 632 (2).jpg
    Mud Lake 632 (2).jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 84
Yes, it's a Nashville. Note the compact feel, with the spikey bill. The gray head, white eyering, well-defined yellow throat, and whitish vent are all features of Nashville Warbler. One of the easy ones - in fact, most fall warblers aren't that hard at all - there's just a lot of hype about them being so impossibly hard! :eek!:

Neil G.

Yes, it's a Nashville. Note the compact feel, with the spikey bill. The gray head, white eyering, well-defined yellow throat, and whitish vent are all features of Nashville Warbler. One of the easy ones - in fact, most fall warblers aren't that hard at all - there's just a lot of hype about them being so impossibly hard! :eek!:

Neil G.

Thanks everyone!

Last year was my first fall migration, and I didn't find the Nashvilles too hard to identify. One feature I looked for was the yellow-white-yellow pattern of its underparts. This is barely noticeable in picture no. 2 which is why I wanted confirmation.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back